Monday 5 March 2018

Snow Day 2018

As I was writing The Rundown last night, it began to snow. That's nothing new here in the Great White North, but I woke up this morning to an absolute winter wonderland as nearly a foot of snow fell on the city overnight. Needless to say, it was tough sledding for some this morning, but I managed to make it into work on time thanks to my trusty four-wheel drive sleigh. The only problem was that there was still all that snow waiting for me when I got home.

I really could have used one of these snowblowers to the right. The snow was so heavy and wet that it literally took me hours. Four hours, to be exact, to clear out the sidewalks and parking area that I need. I'm exhausted. My arms feel like jello, my back is as stiff as a board, and I need a shower after being drenched in sweat. In saying all of that, HBIC is canceling any sort of article tonight as I'm pooped. We'll pick this up tomorrow, folks, when I haven't moved mountains of snow.

We'll see you tomorrow. I need a break, a beverage, and a shower. Badly, and not necessarily in that order.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: