Friday 30 May 2014

Indiegogo Some Heart

Admittedly, I got on this one late. Like really late. I want to get the word out about a great documentary that needs some independent funding. Personally, the idea behind this documentary is one I totally appreciate, so I feel a little ashamed in posting it so late. Literally, there are three weeks for you to get in on this, so let's take a look at this documentary.

Show Some Heart

Logan Swinkels moved to Toronto in 2013 to experience the Canadian way of life for a year whilst following his love of hockey. He started off making music videos in his home country of New Zealand before joining 3News as a news editor. He worked closely with sports journalists, learning to tell captivating stories with the award-winning network before making the move to Toronto where his focus switched to making documentaries.

This is where I received an email from Mr. Swinkels, and it deserves a read and some consideration.
I just stumbled upon your hockey blog and I was wondering if you could help me.

I'm a long-time hockey fan from New Zealand, now living in Toronto. I'm working hard on my debut sports documentary 'Show Some Heart'. It's about NHL stars like Wayne Simmonds and Drew Doughty giving back to their communities and helping underprivileged kids get into hockey whom couldn't afford to otherwise.

I've just launched an Indiegogo campaign to help fund the production.

If you could take the time to check it out and share with others, I'd really appreciate that. I'd love to hit my funding targets and make this documentary possible.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
This is where my shame comes in. Honestly, I get one of these per week from various people, and there are good chances that the independent fundraising campaigns will go nowhere. This isn't to say that there aren't good ideas out there, but I'm not sure that this blog will ever ask anyone to donate money to anything. After all, if I wouldn't, why should you?

However, this is one I can get behind. Here's the Indiegogo page for "Show Some Heart", and the price points are pretty awesome in terms of getting your name in the credits. Honestly, who doesn't want to see their name in the credits for the movie they helped get off the ground?

Since I was a jerk and kind of ignored Logan's request, I am pledging $20. I like the offers made at each of the price points, so I am going to throw $20 at this project in the hopes we can get this off the ground. It's all about exposing NHL players' work for charity for kids, and that should be vitally important to all of us. Since most of us spend $20 on eating out during the week, it's something I can easily afford to give up to help make Logan's dream come to reality. And I hope you'll match.

In fact, if you do match, I'll sweeten the deal. I'll offer up a guest post for you to fill, and I'll personally thank you on this blog for helping this dream come to reality. All you have to do is send me an image confirming your Indiegogo donation AND THE UPDATED TOTAL as seen below!

So what say you, readers? Take a read through the Indiegogo campaign and toss a few bucks Logan's way. Heck, for the price of a Venti coffee at Starbucks, you can have your name on the credits! If that's not a good deal, I don't know what is! Give it a go, people, and send me your info if you contribute $20 or more. If it is more, we'll find something that fits your donation a little better.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: