Tuesday 26 January 2010

Updates From The Weekend

I know this past weekend was a little off in terms of me posting regularly, so I want to be sure that you get a chance to read about some of the things I was up to while I was away in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I tried to post as often as I could, but time was at a premium all weekend, so I was posting a little behind most of the time. Between events and traveling, the laptop didn't see much of me. However, things are now caught up as I finished some articles, and this is just a quick review of what you may have missed in my mad rush to get caught up.

THURSDAY: Frank McClelland's skate guards are introduced to the world. There have been a number of people who have emailed me with suggestions as to what Mr. McClelland should call his product, but the story of how they came to be and how they work is fascinating. If you are interested in a pair, they will be available for purchase shortly. I'll update you when this happens. For now, send me name ideas, and I'll forward them to Mr. McClelland on an on-going basis.

SATURDAY: Having spent the day on Lake Nokomis on Friday watching the first day of the US Pond Hockey Championships, the second day turned quite wet as rain moved into the area. However, the spirit of the competition was never broken, and some teams wore some impressive jerseys. Highly recommended read for jersey ideas if your team is searching for a new look.

SUNDAY: I spent the evening at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul for a game between the Minnesota Wild and the Columbus Blue Jackets. Honestly, I really had a good time there with a great friend. Perhaps the best part of the night was a lady by the name of Ciel who was the usher in our section. She was funny and personable all night, and really added to the experience. I took some photos while at the game as well, so check that out. Huge thanks to my good friend Rhonda for getting a couple of tickets, and to her friend Tony for making everything possible.

MONDAY: Patrice Cormier's suspension was handed down by the QMJHL, and I look at how the NHL can become more of a leader in the discipline department. This is something I have been preaching for a while on this site, but it never seems to come up in discussions when the NHL is looking for ways to improve. C'mon, NHL. You're better than this. Or at least I thought you were.

I'll be back tomorrow with some Antler Banter. Things are somewhat back to normal now that I'm no longer stranded in a tiny town with sketchy wireless Internet. HBIC returns to its normal schedule tomorrow!

Until then, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: