Tuesday 9 December 2008

The Guy Toronto Can't Let Go Of

I had a busy Tuesday, so this is going to be a quick post because I'm tired and my brain has already shut off for the day.

Mainstream Media, this one is for you.

Shut up about Mats Sundin. Shut up about who the prospective teams are who want to sign this waste of money. Shut up about how creative teams will need to be to sign him and stay under the cap. Shut up about J.P. Barry and how his agent is actively working with a number of teams to hammer out the details of his contract. Shut up about about the big Swedish centerman until he signs with someone.

And if history is any indication of how much of a mistake it will be for a team that signs Sundin, I recommend you look up a certain forward named Forsberg, Peter. That big Swedish centerman has a record of ruining teams who rush out to sign him.

Nashville? No Stanley Cups. Philadelphia? They haven't won the Stanley Cup in decades. Colorado? Sorry, there's no time machine to go back nine years. And how many Stanley Cups has Sundin won in his illustrious career? Yeah, he's the next Henri Richard, isn't he?

I don't care about who the top teams are to sign him. I don't care that he wants back into the NHL. I don't care that he's taking his time deciding on where he wants to play and for how much. I don't care about Mats Sundin until he signs.

Until that happens, shut up about him. 'Nuff said.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: