Friday 2 May 2008

A Whirlwind Schedule

In what I can only describe as insanity, my last couple of days have been hectic. Real-life has delivered a few big doses of reality, and I have been saddled with exhaustion. And what a time to be sleep-deprived. As you can see, this blog entry is being written late on Friday. In fact, it's currently 11:25 PM CDT. I'm watching Dallas and San Jose scrap right now, and I can barely keep my eyes open. But here I am, writing about hockey because it is the only thing keeping me awake right now. Ok, that and a little caffeine.

In keeping up with the updates, I'd like to feature the ECHL today, except that I'm bagged. So I'll link you to the bracket, and let you check out how each of the teams are doing.

Yes, I know - that's pretty weak on my part, but I promise to do a full breakdown of the Kelly Cup Final. It's all I've got for now. I feel a need to write something today. I missed yesterday, after all.

In the 2008 IIHF Men's World Championships, Canada defeated Slovenia 5-1 today. Dan Hamhuis and Martin St. Louis had singles while Dany Heatley had a hat trick for Canada. Anze Kopitar of the Los Angeles Kings had the lone Slovenian goal. With the hat trick, Heatley becomes Canada's all-time leading goal scorer.

In the other games, the Czech Republic defeated Denmark 5-2. Russia pounded Italy by a score of 7-1. Team USA defeated Latvia 4-0. Tomorrow's slate of games sees Belarus and Sweden tangle; Germany and Finland match up; Switzerland and France square off; and Slovakia and Norway do battle.

The entire schedule can be found here. Team Canada resumes play against Latvia on Sunday, and can be seen on TSN or via broadband on TSN.ca.

That's all for me, kids. I'm hitting the hay and not waking up until June. Or something like that.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Anze Kopitar!! Brownie and Sully scored too for Team USA. And I was unaware that Ivanans was on Team Latvia (how could I forget!). =)